The return on investment (ROI) for a mishandled, lost or forgotten lead is expensive. Too often companies don’t have a formal process for generating, capturing, managing or nurturing leads. If you don’t know what happened to the leads or contacts from the last trade show or marketing initiative, it’s time to formalize your lead management process.
Create a Lead and Contact Management Plan and Process
Start by pulling your team together to establish a collaborative lead and contact management plan. This team may include sales, marketing, customer service, product development and management.
- What is an unqualified lead, qualified lead, sales opportunity, customer, upsell opportunity, retention opportunity, etc.?
Marketing Automation Platform or CRM
- If you have a customer relationship management (CRM) and/or marketing automation platform, be sure that everyone who interfaces with customers and prospects knows how to use it.
- Don’t have a CRM or marketing automation platform? Veritas Marketing offers an affordable marketing automation with a built-in CRM platform that can also integrate with a third-party CRM.
- Record all lead data in a central location. Document where leads are coming from, including website forms, emails, search engines, events, phone calls, landing pages, referrals, etc.
- Categorize leads by what they buy, industry type, role, etc.
- Establish criteria to award points to leads based on industry type, engagement with the website, form conversion and buying stage.
- Assign negative scores for behaviors that designate a lead as a poor fit.
Monitor and Influence
- Guide leads through the sales funnel.
- Send them relevant content via email, retargeting and display personalized content on the website.
- When they reach a predetermined lead score or trigger a behavior, such as requesting a demonstration, assign them to a representative.
- Encourage sales and customer service to update information in the CRM or marketing automation platform after every communication to keep the lead status up to date.
- A good cloud-based platform will do the heavy lifting by syncing emails and tracking website interactions.
Analyze and Report
- Review reports and adjust the process as needed for continuous improvement.
Veritas Marketing offers services and campaigns to generate leads, nurture leads and retain customers. If you’re looking for a marketing automation platform or CRM, Veritas Marketing provides a low-cost, no-contract solution that is easy to use and powerful.
Contact us today for a demonstration.