Independent financial audits are an annual occurrence for businesses. But most companies rarely perform a marketing audits. Many businesses fall into the execution trap with reactive marketing. Getting and staying ahead of the competition requires a proactive approach. A marketing audit is the first step in gaining a fresh perspective of your current marketing, while identifying areas for improvement and opportunity.
What are the benefits?
- Reviews and evaluates current marketing objectives, planning, activities and results
- Identifies areas for improvement
- Provides recommendation for the future
- Fosters collaboration with other departments
What may be audited?
- Strategies, planning and budgeting
- Branding, identity and positioning
- Customer persona
- Buyer journey and sales cycle
- Skills and capabilities
- Systems, processes and resources
- Marketing mix and tactics
- Implementation and productivity
- Measurement tools and analysis
- Lead nurturing
- Customer relationship management
- Internal communication and reporting
What is the process?
- Information collection
- Executive brief